I've been writing since I could pick up a pen. The first story I remember writing was about these stuffed animals I had -- they were dogs and cats and I wrote it in a notebook. When I was about eleven, we got our first computer and shortly thereafter I got this software called something along the lines as Dreamweaver Storybook Maker (I'm probably completely wrong about the name -- that was a while ago!). I created a story called Jenny and Benny about a little girl and her bunny. I couldn't tell you anything else about what it was about. But my mom was enthralled and scoured the web, sending it out to random people. Apparently one of the people she sent it to was Eric Carle (author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar) and he replied back saying that I was very talented for my age. Now I am able to look back on that and realize just how cool that is, but back then all I wanted to do was write. And in all honesty, that's all I want to do now. I'm in college getting a degree because I like to learn. I will probably go on to graduate school because I'm a knowledge junkie and because I have career aspirations I would like to reach. But writing will always be a passion of mine that I don't ever want to let go out.
Photo by Amber Ketchum of A.N.K. Photo
- I've been writing some of the characters in North Coast Mysteries since I was 12
- I'm a caffeine junkie
- I'm a super Doctor Who and Firefly nerd
- I used to collect keychains
- I collect books and shotglasses
- I'm also a horse junkie. Much healthier for me than caffeine!
- I adore Cleveland
- I didn't go to college until I was 26
- I was home schooled K-12
- My first job was Wal-Mart and I worked there for 5 1/2 years. Also worked at Home Depot for 2 years.
- I'm married to a pretty awesome guy named Dustin, since May 24, 2007.
- I've been a telemarketer
- I worked at Waldenbooks from November 2008 to January 2010, when they closed. :(
- I'm short (5'3")
- I'm a freelancer ghostwriter on oDesk
- Institute of Children's Literature, Writing for Children and Teenagers Certificate (2004)
- Kent State University, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, minor in Sociology (2015 (lord willing!))
- Favorite Music: Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Matchbox Twenty, Hey Monea!, Red Wanting Blue, and much more. I'll listen to just about anything as long as it is good. I also love to support local musicians.
- Favorite Books: The Time Machine, The Time Traveler's Wife, Pride & Prejudice, Stephanie Plum Series, and so much more.
- Favorite Movies: When Harry Met Sally, Super Troopers, Music & Lyrics, Office Space, The Breakfast Club, Silence of Lambs, and more.
- Favorite TV Shows: Doctor Who, Firefly, Supernatural, Castle, Hawaii Five-0, Eureka, and Weeds
- Favorite Sports: Basketball (Cleveland Cavaliers) and Baseball (Cleveland Indians)